Saturday 2 January 2010

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i chi i gyd
Happy New year to you all.

During the months before Christmas, I've been striving hard to raise funding in order to produce replicas of the most significant items in the Llyn Cerrig Bach collrction. Having again been to another school and out in the community giving talks on the finds, I have become really passionate about providing replicas that both children and adults can handle for examination.
Having already had positive replies to my request for donations, I found myself in a position to apply for the remainder of the funding to the Heritage Lottery Fund.
This involved getting quotes that matched in content from three different sculptors, six letters of support and an explanation from myself why I thought it was a viable project. There were also numerous pages to fill in on the application form.

Having thought that they would be taking into consideration all the various work and research I'd been involved with, especially with the schools, I was then told that they would count for nothing and that I would have to start a project plan of the work I intended doing in the forseeable future. This meant filling in various planning columns etc. I realised this was going to be a long term plan over at least one year if not more.

Thankfully, I have found that I can apply for another funding locally, who do take all my previous projects into consideration.

This meant filling in a different application form, not as long as the Heritage one and all the other paperwork I'd collected applied to this one the same. I managed to get it all finished on Dec.16th. just before the closing date and had it delivered by hand just incase with the Christmas post.

You can appreciate therefore why I've had no time to do any blogging recently, especially with writing all my Christmas cards as well!

My New Year resolution is to try and blog more often therefore.