Tuesday 7 January 2014

December - January 7th


December flew by with a hive of Christmas feasting and activities. These involved attending such things as a show at the Galeri Caernarfon, kid’s panto at Ucheldre, school concert, soiree at Gorwel and Fiona’s plus two after Christmas family birthday celebrations.

 However, like others on the West coast of Anglesey, we suffered severe gales and high tides. The video which my friend Rob Phillips took of the storm at Treaddur Bay near us is amazing. This is the result that we witnessed when we took a walk along the prom there at the weekend.
 
The force of nature!
 

 Now back to the real world which I also enjoy so much. Things that I get involved in with Llyn Cerrig Bach and also promoting various places I visit on Anglesey. Wow – pleased to see I’ve reached 11,127 views of this site by now.
 

The highlight for me happened last night, when Neil Oliver presented the programme I’d enjoyed filming with him last June at Llyn Cerrig Bach and RAF Valley.
 
 
Jonathan Barker, BBC2 Director giving me a rest from filming to have a hug from Neil.

 
Neil mentioned my father by name and pointed out that some of the artefacts he’d unearthed were the most important Iron Age ones ever found in Britain. The whole episode was a truly brilliant tribute to him and made me feel very proud. If you missed the programme, maybe you can see it on iplayer or catchup. It’s called “Sacred Wonders of Britain” – a series of three, the last one next Monday at 8.30pm.
 

Now the schools have re-opened, my diary is filling up again with my talk visits, the first one being to Beaumaris. I love being back in the classroom with the children. Maybe I’ve entered my second childhood!