Monday 22 March 2010

March 22nd. 2010


I was invited to visit Morswyn Primary School in Holyhead on the 8th.of this month to give a talk on Llyn Cerrig Bach to the older children. This is a Welsh medium school. Luckily, when I was invited to Bethesda Historical Society last year, I had prepared my Powerpoint in Welsh then, as time was a premium this month for me.

The children were studying the Celts and had produced a variety of excellent project books. They asked well-prepared sensible questions in an orderly manner. It was really a pleasure for me to be back again in a school environment. Naturally, they enjoyed handling the large replica gang chain which I had borrowed from Oriel Ynys Môn.



Sadly, I won’t have the access to this for very long again, as it is needed for a permanent display that is to be set up in the History Gallery alongside the three original artefacts which have been on loan to the Oriel from me for the last fifteen years. Hopefully, very soon, the replica of the lighter gang chain will have been produced for transit educational purposes by then.

Here is a picture of me examining the lighter gang chain with Evan Chapman in the research lab. of the National Museum Cardiff last summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment